Absolute Ethyl Alcohol
Home › Products › Laboratory Chemicals › Absolute Ethyl Alcohol
||20 Litres Can
||Additive to fuels, Intoxicating ingredient, Solvent for synthesis
| Click to view more |
Preferred Buyer From
||Anywhere in India
Analytical AR Grade
64-17-5, C2H5OH, Ethyl Alcohol
57.26 Pa (19.6 Degreec)
78.37 Degree C
- The largest single use of ethanol is as an engine fuel and fuel additive. Brazil in particular relies heavily upon the use of ethanol as an engine fuel, due in part to its role as one of the globe''s leading producers of ethanol.
- Ethanol is considered a universal solvent as its molecular structure allows for the dissolving of both polar, hydrophilic and nonpolar, hydrophobic compounds. As ethanol also has a low boiling point, it is easy to remove from a solution that has been used to dissolve other compounds making it a popular extracting agent for botanical oils.
- Ethanol is a common ingredient in many cosmetics and beauty products.
- It acts as an astringent to help clean skin
- It is used as a preservative in lotions and to help ensure that lotion ingredients do not separate
- It helps hairspray adhere to hair
First Aid Measures:
- Irritating to skin.
- Remove affected person from source of contamination. Wash contaminated skin promptly with soap or mild detergent and water.
- Remove clothing promptly if soaked through
- If breathing is weak or irregular then apply artificial respiration
- Keep affected person warm & at rest
- Get immediate medical attention
Looking for "Absolute Ethyl Alcohol" ?